It was inevitable. People have asked for years when we’d start releasing engines built to our own specifications. After years of aggressive motorsport experience, it was a natural transition for us to apply what we’ve liked and not liked about the different specifications we’ve tried.
What we have here is the beginning in P&L Motorsports staged series of Signature Series engines. Stage 1 addresses the fundamental flaw in the latest generation of the 2.5L engine, the piston castings. We start off with a brand new 2.5L engine, and then proceed to FULLY disassemble the motor and verify clearances. We do MUCH more then simply drop in a set of pistons!
All engines are case split, and all bearings, surfaces, and critical elements are hand measured. We then machine and hone all cylinder bores to match the exact specifications for our pistons. Your fully blue-printed engine is then custom fitted with forged alloy pistons custom manufactured by CP, for us.
Stage 3 engines include fully balanced rotating assembly, line boring of main journals, Oil flow modifications. Manley Billet crank available at an extra charge.
This is the same engine used in both the 8.3sec & 8.9sec Record setting drag cars. This engine is capable of withstanding 1000whp and 45 psi of boost. *(with appropriate tuning and supporting mods)*
- New Subaru 2.5L Engine
- Case Split and Disassembled
- Fully machined and honed cylinder liners to assure proper piston to wall clearances and maximize engine life
- CP Pistons custom made for P&L
- OEM Forged EJ257 Crankshaft
- Pauter Connecting rods custom made for P&L
- CP High Performance Piston Rings
- ACL race main bearings
- ACL race rod bearings
- Fully balanced rotating assembly
- 9000 RPM maximum Rev-Limit *(cylinder head dependant)*
- O-ringed cylinders standard
- Custom P&L closed deck block
- *Optional billet crank available +$1500
*Due to the volatile nature of high horsepower racing applications and outside circumstances such as inability to monitor proper break in, engine oil selection, ancillary mechanical faults, and improper ECU calibration do not allow us to provide a warranty for these assemblies.