It was inevitable. People have asked for years when we’d start releasing engines built to our own specifications. After years of aggressive motorsport experience, it was a natural transition for us to apply what we’ve liked and not liked about the different specifications we’ve tried.
What we have here is the next step up from our Signature Series Stage 1 engine. Stage 1 addresses the fundamental flaw in the latest generation of the 2.5L engine, the piston castings. We start off with a brand new 2.5L engine, and then proceed to FULLY disassemble the motor and verify clearances. In addition to the pistons included in the Stage 1 Shortblock, this shortblock has P&L Spec H-Beam Rods, that give you a good middle ground between our Stage 1 and Stage 3 Motors
All engines are case split, and all bearings, surfaces, and critical elements are hand measured. We then machine and hone all cylinder bores to match the exact specifications for our pistons. Your fully blue-printed engine is then custom fitted with forged alloy pistons custom manufactured by CP, for us.
- New Subaru 2.5L Engine
- Case Split and Disassembled
- Fully machined and honed cylinder liners to assure proper piston to wall clearances and maximize engine life
- Bore specific, custom fitted pistons exclusively made for P&L Motorsports by CP
- OEM Forged EJ257 Crankshaft
- P&L Spec H-Beam Connecting Rods
- ACL Race Series Main Bearings
- ACL Race Series Rod Bearings
- Fully Balanced Rotating Assembly
- CP High Performance Piston Rings
- 7500 RPM maximum Rev-Limit
*Due to the volatile nature of high horsepower racing applications and outside circumstances such as inability to monitor proper break in, engine oil selection, ancillary mechanical faults, and improper ECU calibration do not allow us to provide a warranty for these assemblies.